Both beginner and advanced beekeepers would really appreciate a practical beekeeping set with some of the most essential hive tools. This 8-in-1 Beekeeping Equipment Kit will come in handy in helping a beekeeper maintain the hive. The kit has 8 useful tools: J Hive Tool, Bee Brush, Queen Catcher, Uncapping Fork, Hive Frame Holder, Spur Wire Wheel Embedder, Queen Marking Cage with Plunger and a Bee Smoker.
These are the functions of each tool in this kit:
- J-Hook Hive Tool – This ‘J ‘ shaped is made of special stainless steel. It is very handy when separating hive boxes, prying out frames, and scrapping wax and propolis off of your bee boxes and frames.
- Bee Brush – A handy tool when cleaning the bee hive.
- Queen Catcher – This plastic (‘hair clip’ type) tool makes it easy to capture the queen for marking or before introducing into a colony.
- Uncapping Fork – This is a sturdy molded plastic with sharp tines which helps to uncap wax from the frames.
- Hive Frame Holder – This sturdy frame grip comes in handy when removing frames from the hive.
- Queen Marking Cage with Plunger – This tool helps after capturing the queen for marking. Place her inside, gently depress the plunger to hold her against the mesh while marking.
- Spur Wire Wheel Embedder – This tool is made of durable stainless steel and has a sturdy wooden handle. It helps to secure a thin layer of foundation wax into each timber frame.
- Bee Smoker – Subdues the bees so as not to sting when the beekeeper is extracting honey or doing hive maintenance.