New hives take time to fill up. Bees also tend to migrate during some seasons. Swarms lures are a clever and a bee-smart way to catch bee swarms. You can practically attract large swarms of wild bees into your hives to hasten the process. This Bee Swarm Attractant Lure is an easy and inexpensive way to attract bees to your bait hives. The swarm lure is yellow in color and is made up of nutrients in a plastic bottle. It is a unique formula which is a blend of several essential oils and components.
This lure will attract wild bee swarms in several days. 1-2 small bottles of the attract lure are enough. You can double the amount of lure to speed up the process.
You could use the large bottle first and the small bottle can be used as the supplement to fill up the large one.
How to seduce wild bees using the attractant lure:
- Choose an old used beehive.
- Prepare some straw for the beehive.
- Put the attractant lure on the beehive.
- Choose a strategic location to place the beehive.
- Under normal circumstances, bait hives perform best when placed on a mountain or hill, or in a forest/thicket.
The lure will attract bees within the first week. You will find a swarm of bees feeding on the lure. Then move the bait hive home for breeding.