Bee mites and other pests pose a risk to overall heath of the hive. Fluvalinate Strips for Varroa Mite Treatment helps to eliminate bee mites, varroa mite and other pests form the hive. The main target of this mite killer is the insect’s nervous system, the olfactory organ or the chemical captor.
This medicine will produce a repellent chemical reaction for bee mites similar to that of other pyre thrum. This product could kill 90% of bee mites that get into contact with it. After several hours of application, the bee mites fall from the bees and all die within 14 hours. It is safe enough to bees and has no adverse effect on the bees, while it has little effect on human or animals.
Usage and Dosage
- Hang this miticide between beehive frames. Every 10 frames with 1 strip. Its dosage can be increased or reduced in terms of the severity of the mite infestation.
Caution while using the miticide
- The strips should last in the hive for a minimum of 6 weeks and a maximum of 8 weeks.
- When hanging strips, you should wear gloves and masks.
- No smoking, drinking or eating. Wash your hands after hanging.
- The waste strips can not be reused or recycled.
- The strips shall be kept from contacting with honey, pesticides or other chemicals.
- Given the difference of powder source, climate and bee group conditions, dry the strips in the sun before using.
- Keep it away from food and children. Open the package before using.
- It is necessary to choose 1-2 groups for trial before using, and observe after 48 hours. And then use it on a large scale.
- Forbid usage during honey flowing period.