Any beekeeper would really appreciate a practical beekeeping set with some of the most essential hive tools. This Practical Beekeeping Equipment Kit will come in handy in helping a beekeeper maintain the hive. The kit has 7 useful tools: J Hook Hive tool, Queen Marking Cage with Plunger, Queen Catcher Bee brush, Hive Frame Grips, Uncapping Fork and a Spur Wheel Embedder.
These are the functions of each tool in this kit:
- Queen Marking Cage with Plunger – This tool helps after capturing the queen for marking. Place her inside, gently depress the plunger to hold her against the mesh while marking.
- Queen Catcher – This plastic (‘hair clip’ type) tool makes it easy to capture the queen for marking or before introducing into a colony.
- Bee brush – A handy tool when cleaning the bee hive.
- Hive Frame Holder – This sturdy frame grip comes in handy when removing frames from the hive.
- J-Hook Hive Tool – This ‘J ‘ shaped tool is made of special stainless steel. It is very handy when separating hive boxes, prying out frames, and scrapping wax and propolis off of your bee boxes and frames.
- Uncapping Fork – This is a sturdy molded plastic with sharp tines which helps to uncap wax from the frames.
- Spur Wire Wheel Embedder – This tool is made of durable stainless steel and has a sturdy wooden handle. It helps to secure a thin layer of foundation wax into each timber frame.